How to choose a Hajj Package?
By: Muhmmad Alshareef
When people choose a Hajj package they usually only look for one thing: PRICE. That’s a mistake because Hajj is so complex, with so many things attached to a package (like food or no food, better or worse hotel, distance of hotel, length of stay, etc.), that price can easily be manipulated if many important and essential extras are taken out.
5 things you should look for when choosing a Hajj package:
1. Who’s the Shaykh that’s coming with the group? Is it someone you trust? (Note: If the group doesn’t even mention the name of the Hajj Shaykh, they are probably not putting enough effort in this category)
2. When is departure after Hajj? If it is immediate, as soon as Hajj is over, then that ‘might’ be too stressful for you. Better to stay a day or two after Hajj to recover, if your schedule permits.
3. Does the Hajj group care to educate you about Hajj BEFORE you depart for Hajj? Most groups do nothing of the sort, and that’s a crying shame because by the time you depart, things will happen so fast that you would have wished they paid more attention to the education part.
4. How long will you be in Makkah or Madinah? Typically, you’ll either be in Madinah 1 week, or half a week. Decide which one you would prefer.
And the number 1 thing you should look for in a Hajj package is…
5. COMPANIONSHIP! Who is going to accompany you in this group. Are they righteous, blessed attitude people — or are they people you’ve never met before? Choose wisely, because companionship is THE most important thing to make your Hajj a truly spiritual journey.
If you are planning to go for Hajj this year insh’Allah, for more details kindly contact us at: